This series I have written almost as a journal over the last few months. I never expected it to take this long and has been an interesting learning curve.
It is the end of April and we are still waiting and I’m struggling to depend on God. School issues are beginning to play a part in my worries.
E is moving into Yr 3 in Sept which is a school transfer back in the UK and we had notification that she hasn’t got her place. Do we appeal the decision? Do we throw our toys out of the cot and remind our County Council that we are so close to the school that our drive is used as a parking space at pick up? But is there any point? I would feel like a muppet if I were to do all of that and then have to say “Actually I don’t need it- sorry.”
J is due to start nursery and I have visited a couple. They are very nice- though more academic than the UK and a lot more intensive. The nursery attached to the girls school is a full day-8:50-14:50! K will need to be at school from 8:15-16:00 so that makes for a very long day for J. But they would all be at the same school which if (or should I be saying when) there is an emergency (remember we are in earthquake country) it would be a lot easier…
A is worrying too. He does well to hide it, but it is showing. As a group of chief dibdobs organise our life, we have to just wait.
Reading back on Limbo Land Part 2– I have been reminded that I need to go and read the Bible verses again. Each day to choose one and memorise(no I hadn’t done that yet!). Whenever I’m worried- read the verse and pray.
Hand over and pray.
Trust and pray.
Wait and pray.
Lean on Him and pray.
“Pay attention to this, Job.
Stop and consider the wonderful miracles of God!
Do you know how God controls the storm
and causes the lightning to flash from his clouds?”