I’m so glad today is over…

Do you ever have a day that by the end of it you climb into bed and say “Hooray, it’s over!” ?
Well Monday was like that.

J wasn’t well, so he had been very niggly all Sunday evening and after he had interrupted our going to bed routine twice, I eventually climbed in to bed with him. Clearly a Mummy + a 2 year old in a single bed = a bad night for Mummy
And I need my sleep… Even if it is just to give me strength to cope with Those Days that we would like to forget… Like Monday!

J was still not 100% on the Monday morning , so I dosed him up and gave him my iPad for entertainment purposes. It did allow me the freedom to tidy the house. Something that urgently needed doing as the children had had a wonderous time playing ‘Forts’ in the lounge late Sunday afternoon.
At lunchtime, just before I put J down for his nap, I popped onto my emails.

‘Water pipe burst- no water. School closed for all Year 2 and Year 3 pupils.’
Received 2 hours previously…

Scoop up J, wrap him up warm and head over to school. K is the second last child in her class. The other child happens to live in or apartment block, so with his Mum’s consent I collect him and his brother.
Head off home. Children very excited to be finishing at lunchtime and raced the whole way home.
About 5 minutes from home E wiped out! Her scooter must have found a hole in the pavement and stopped dead.

On a street in a country where people don’t make any noise- the scream was piercing! Everyone looked to see, especially as it persisted. I was about 20m behind her so it went on for a while (or so it felt) before I could embrace her and calm her down…

By supper time, I was worn out. J’s temp had shot up, the medication took 1 1/2 hours to take effect and in the mean time I was worried that he would have a fit or something.
‘Where do I take him at this time of day? Hospital? GP? Where is the nearest hospital? Will there be anyone who speaks English?’

Through all of this I had
“Yes, J?”
“Yes, J?”
“Yes, J?”

Cuddling him, seemed to be the only thing that helped.
He had a bit of supper and then fell asleep on my lap…

J did get better- the high temp in the afternoon was his fever breaking. His night was disturbed, but he had Mummy again and by Tuesday he was vastly better.
My 2 broken nights and intense 24 hours with him, left me with an empty Love Tank. So my poor children were left with a grumpy Mummy for most of the week as I tried to carve out some Me Moments to refill it.
But that only started to take effect the following Monday.

Yip- my day that I wanted to forget became a week that I would rather forget.

Thank you Lord for forgiveness!

Have you had days that you would like to forget? If you haven’t forgotten them yet- please do share them in the comments box!

About Cheryl

I am a child of God, a wife and a mother of 4 children. Some days are good. Some days are frustrating. Some days are just plain insane. In between the mayhem, I loved to go for walks with our mutt, potter in the garden and enjoy the beauty that surrounded us. That all changed in August 2012 when we waved goodbye to our mutt and garden, our eldest at Uni in Gloucester and moved to Tokyo for 4 months. And yes- we are still here...
This entry was posted in Growing as a person, Insane days, Somedays and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s